Thursday, March 28, 2013

To the next twenty years and more.

Today is another day, another bonus, and another chance for me to live. I thank God for everything ever happened in my life. Good and bad, when it comes from God it is always a good one. Today, I thank God for my parent. Today is my parent's wedding anniversary. They have been together for twenty years. Yes, twenty years. I wonder how does it feel living with the same person for twenty years. When you wake up, you see that same person. When you sleep, you sleep with that same person. You cook for that same person. For twenty years. Marriage kinda scares me at first. I am only afraid I will be get bored with that daily routines. Marriage is such a big deal for me. But wow until now my mom and dad still walk together on the same path. 

I have seen my parent fighting, yelling, not talking for a couple days or even worse for a weeks. When I was young, I really hated those things. I was really afraid that they were gonna end up with divorce thing. I was scared at that time. But, they have proved me one thing. True love does exist even it's not perfect.

True love is such a rare thing. True love doesn't come up wrapped-- already made. True love works for all those who work at it too. It needs a two human beings for it to work out. Two different human beings. I mean we all were born with a different perspective.
"Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good;
love one another with mutual affection;
outdo one another in showing honour.
Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord.
Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer.
Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers.
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.
Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.
Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; do not claim to be wiser than you are.
Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.
If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all."  Romans 12: 9-18

Marriage is a transformation of two people into one masterpiece. 

"In marriage we are seeking to bring one another into fuller life...Marriage should transform, as husband and wife make one another their work of art". 
Such a beautiful description of marriage. My parent is working for a masterpiece. The masterpiece is being created over time with joy, sadness, laughs, tears, up, down, and this, and that. They make a beautiful mosaic-- colorful one. I am so sorry for those who gave up their marriage with divorce. But, I am so grateful beyond any words for my parent. They don't give up. They won't give up. Their marriage is such a wonderful legacy for me. 

It is easy to say "I love you" and other flowery words that will absolutely linger to the very core of our hearts. The thing is can take the responsibility and commitment for those words? People often say "I love you" but in reality they don't really understand what is love and how to love. My parent is not that kind of people. It's a rare thing to hear both of them saying those words. But they still prove me that they love each other without any reasons. It is such a bliss to see they treat each other in a right way. It makes me jealous to see both of them holding hand and just walk together. It is a beautiful moment to see both of them laugh and bickering each other like teenage romance. 

They have been a great parent for me. They have raised me and my sister to become a person. They have taught us a life. And to remind you again, they have been together for twenty years. Twenty years living with the same person. I just can't imagine it. 

I'm out of words. I don't know what I have to type anymore. At the end, I only want to say:

Thank you, mom.
Thank you, dad.
Thank you for everything that you guys have ever given to me. Thank you for your time, patience, and yes everything. Both of you are not perfect but because of your imperfections... It makes two of you perfect for me.
Just thank you. Thank you very much. I love two of you beyond any words, beyond any imagination, beyond anything. 

Dad and Mom. Please stay together. Don't quit. Don't give up.....

These two human beings are my parent. And they are the best parent I've ever had


PS: Cheers! To the next twenty years and more.


No comments:

Post a Comment